Technology behind the lens
Introducing the unique ASD Technology
Accelerated Stabilisation Design (ASD) Technology is only found in ACUVUE® contact lenses for ASTIGMATISM. It uses four stabilisation zones to deliver clear and stable vision throughout the day with minimal impact from eye or head movements of your patients, no matter how active their lifestyle may be.
Lenses are orientated quickly by harnessing the natural pressures of a blinking eye. ASD balances the lens in place and quickly realigns it if it rotates out of position. Minimal variation of lens thickness under both eyelids, which harnessing the natural pressures of a blinking eye. ASD balances the lens in place and quickly realigns it if it rotates out of position Minimal variation of lens thickness under both eyelids, which n regardless of their physical activities and head movements.
Ease of Fit
Minimal effort has never been so rewarding
ACUVUE® contact lenses for ASTIGMATISM are fast and easy to fit, giving you the same confidence as when fitting spherical lenses and minimising chair time. In fact, 85% of lenses are orientated within ±5° of zero position after a three-minute settling period1 and Eye Care Professionals have recorded a first fit success rate of 95%.
Research has shown that after one month, 90% of Eye Care Professionals found the fitting of ASD lenses fast and easy and were satisfied with the lens’s predictable orientation and rotational stability.
1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® and ACUVUE® OASYS® Brand Contact Lenses accommodate up to 97% of spherical and astigmatic eyes.
1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM offers the widest range of parameters of any daily disposable toric.
1. Sulley A, Young G, Lorenz K & Hunt C. Clinical evaluation of fitting toric soft contact lenses to current non-users. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 2013, 33, 94–103.
2. JJVC data on file 2008 & 2009 for AOfA.
3. JJVC data on file 2010 for 1DAMfA, based on subjective refraction; 100% physical fit success; Randomised, subject-masked, bilateral, cross-over dispensing study, 1 week DW, with habitual soft toric lens wearers. N=67.
4. JJVC data on file June 2011; 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® Brand Contact Lenses covers 94% of spherical and cylindrical prescriptions and ACUVUE® OASYS® Brand Contact Lenses covers 97% of spherical and cylindrical prescriptions.
5. JJVC data on file 2012. Based on commercially available product parameters. 1DAMfA range 2.8 times more parameters than closest competitor.